Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested two men Monday night after police said they had about 2 grams of cocaine and crack between two separate incidents.

At about 11:40 p.m. Monday, Archer resident Johnny Patterson, 23, rode in a car with a bag of cocaine by his side, according to a police report. An officer pulled the car over for a traffic infraction in the 4200 block of SW 20th Ave. and noticed the bag stuffed in a door jamb, according to the report.

The officer then searched Patterson, who admitted to having crack in his shoe. During the search, Patterson kicked off his shoe and revealed three crack rocks, bringing the total amount to about 1.4 grams, according to the report.

Police arrested Patterson on charges for possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. About five minutes later, Gainesville resident Corey Davis, 38, visited the Food Max 110 Inc. convenience store, where two weeks ago police warned him not to trespass, according to a police report.

An officer searched Davis, who then admitted to having cocaine. The officer found about 0.4 grams of cocaine and a straw in Davis’ jacket pocket, and, according to the report, Davis later said, "Snorting cocaine is what I do."

Police arrested Davis on charges for possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and trespassing.

The men could not be reached for comment as of press time.

Authorities took both men to the Alachua County Jail where they were both released Tuesday afternoon under the condition they report back to the jail daily.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Gsabella