Netflix

We all know how it goes: Our favorite show is released on Netflix, and for about 13 hours (maybe more with a quick food run or bathroom break), we retreat to our beds until we’ve finished it all.

But as we also know, and as Netflix confirmed this week, not every show is meant for binge-watching.

After evaluating 100 television series across 190 countries, the streaming service has discovered that some shows are more likely to be devoured (watching two or more hours of the show per day) and some are more likely to be savored (watching less than two hours of the show per day).

Shows that “garner a reaction/elicit emotional response” seem to be those that are binge-worthy, from dark thrillers to sci-fi to dramatic comedies. Netflix said these shows include “Sense8,” “The Walking Dead,” “American Horror Story” and “Orange is the New Black.”

On the opposite side of the scale, shows that are “thought-provoking/open to interpretation” are more often savored and watched at a slower pace. Netflix said these include crime dramas like “Bloodline,” political dramas like “House of Cards” and irreverent comedies like “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” and “BoJack Horseman.”

So next time you are looking for a show to binge-watch your summer break away or maybe slowly work your way through as a finals week stress reliever, take a look at Netflix’s binge scale for some guidance.