Transcript

Surveillance footage of the suspect near The Social at Midtown, accompanied by three other white males, according the GPD. 

Gainesville Police are searching for a man they said was involved in a Sept. 29 attack, leaving a UF student “lying in a pool of blood.”

The day after the UF vs. Towson football game, at about 2:20 a.m., several 911 calls were received about a male victim lying in blood on the sidewalk in Midtown near Sushi Chao at 1620 W. University Ave., according to a GPD press release.

The victim, UF finance sophomore Edward Parkhill, was deemed critically injured and taken to UF Health Shands Hospital with a fractured skull, police said.

Parkhill is a member of UF’s Kappa Alpha fraternity. A GoFundMe made for Parkhill’s medical expenses said he was walking home the night of the attack, and he was saved by a Shands nurse who witnessed the incident.

A witness described the person of interest as a 6-foot-tall white man who weighed about 250 pounds. In a surveillance video from The Social at Midtown, the suspect was last seen wearing an orange and blue printed shirt, jeans and brown boots.

Parkhill’s fraternity will host a cookout Thursday to benefit Parkhill, the fraternity announced in a Facebook post. All proceeds from the event will be donated to him and his family.

Anyone with information about this case or who can identify the suspect in the surveillance video can contact GPD at 352-872-2101 or Alachua County Crime Stoppers at 352-372-7867.

Contact Melissa Hernandez at mhernandez@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter @melissamh_.