Saturday, October 01, 2022

Dan Mullen to sell Gainesville home

The former Gators head coach moved into the new build after taking the UF job in 2019

<p>A frustrated Dan Mullen on the sidelines against Samford Nov. 13, 2021. His former home has a pending offer in Gainesville.</p>

A frustrated Dan Mullen on the sidelines against Samford Nov. 13, 2021. His former home has a pending offer in Gainesville.

Former Gators football head coach Dan Mullen listed his Gainesville house for sale April 18. It has a pending offer of $2.75 million.

Mullen’s home sits in the Oakmont community, a gated neighborhood near Haile Plantation. It is just doors down from UF athletic director Scott Stricklin, who hired the coach in 2017 before Mullen parted ways with the team after an underwhelming 2021 season. 

The community was developed by ICI Homes, a company owned by UF board of trustees member Morteza Hosseini.

The Mullen family purchased an acre lot for $265,000 in 2018, according to Alachua County public records, and construction on the 7,000 square foot house was completed in 2019.

Mullen’s move comes amid rumors he was taking an offensive coordinator position at Lake Oconee Academy, a charter school in Greensboro, Georgia. The academy’s athletic director Chris Ingle told Lake Oconee News Mullen will serve as a resource to its football program and athletic department.

While Mullen’s next collegiate coaching move remains unannounced, Gainesville may no longer be home. 

Contact Jackson Castellano at jcastellano@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @jaxacastellano

Jackson Castellano

Jackson Castellano is a second-year sports journalism student and the assistant sports editor at the Alligator. In the past, he has covered UF basketball and baseball for the Alligator and was an associate editor at ClutchPoints.