Police search for suspect in Southwest Archer Road armed robbery

Gainesville Police Department seeks community help finding the suspect

Gainesville police are searching for the suspect in an armed robbery near Target on Southwest Archer Road early Thursday morning .

The incident occurred at 1:40 a.m. at the Fast Track convenience store next to the Exxon gas station at 3960 SW Archer Road. The suspect, armed with a pistol, did not fire any shots but demanded cash from the store clerk, Gainesville Police Department spokesperson Graham Glover said. After taking the money, he left the store.

It is not clear how much money the suspect stole from the store, and the store management could not be reached for comment. Glover said the incident likely played out over a matter of minutes.

GPD is seeking the community’s help in catching the suspect. The department posted surveillance photos of the suspect on its Facebook page.

Glover said community members with information about the suspect should contact law enforcement through GPD’s Tip Line at 352-393-7670. 

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Contact Omar at oateyah@alligator.org. Follow him on Twitter @OAteyah.

Omar Ateyah

Omar Ateyah is a third-year journalism student and the Alligator's Race and Equity reporter. He previously served as the Alligator's crime reporter and as a news assistant on the Metro Desk. He enjoys going on long, thoughtful walks.