Among the many appointments that filled empty Senate seats at Tuesday’s meeting, one raised eyebrows.

Leah Miller, the author of a leaked controversial email, was appointed as the District A senator.

Miller served as the liaison between the Swamp Party and its fraternity house representatives during last month’s Student Government elections.

During that time, Miller wrote an email to 25 representatives asking them to collect “I Voted” stickers and supply the party with a $250 check.

Sen. Morgan Vollrath was quick to bring up Miller’s involvement with the email. She admitted she wrote the email at the meeting.

“Someone who writes in an email ‘Sketchy, but do it anyway!’ has no place in the Senate chamber,” Vollrath said.

The final lines of Miller’s email read: “DELETE THIS AFTER YOU GET THE INFORMATION!! WE CANT HAVE ANYTHING ON RECORD! Sketchy, but do it! Thanks!”

Other senators defended Miller and cited her past experience.

“As a resident of District A, I would be more than proud having Leah serve as a senator,” Sen. Jamie Lowstetter said.

Miller, a political science and economics junior, has worked in the external affairs cabinet, Gator Growl and the Young Leaders Conference.

“Something that’s not sketchy is her devotion to the Student Body,” Sen. Elliot Grasso said.

Miller declined to comment.

Contact Colleen Wright at cwright@alligator.org.