<div>The Gainesville city attorney briefs the mayor and the city commission on the implications of declaring a state of emergency in the city during an emergency meeting today.&nbsp;</div>
The Gainesville city attorney briefs the mayor and the city commission on the implications of declaring a state of emergency in the city during an emergency meeting today. 

The City of Gainesville held an emergency meeting Monday afternoon to address public safety measures, such as limiting restaurant occupancy and the closing of parks and recreation programs. 

The meeting, which was live streamed on cityofgainesville.org and the City’s Facebook page, included city officials and other locals such as Jon DeCarmine who discussed changes in operations in light of coronavirus.

Our City Commission reporter's live tweets of the meeting are as follows:

Gainesville Mayor Lauren Poe talks to the press outside City Hall Monday after an emergency city commission meeting, which discussed preventative city measures for coronavirus.  

Reporters record Gainesville Mayor Lauren Poe and city commissioners at a press conference outside City Hall on Monday. The city declared a state of emergency in light of the coronavirus pandemic.