crime
crime

A murder suspect was arrested after he was found on a northbound Greyhound bus near Gainesville Thursday, according to a Florida Highway Patrol press release. 

According to the release, 36-year-old Kristoff King of St. Petersburg was arrested at the 375-mile marker of I-75. He had an outstanding warrant for the murder of 48-year-old Scott Jenks in St. Petersburg. Jenks was found dead Monday with evidence of trauma, St. Petersburg Police say. 

At 2 p.m., FHP's Jacksonville Regional Communications Center received a BOLO (be on the lookout) request from St. Petersburg Police for a Greyhound bus traveling north on I-75, according to the release. 

The bus was believed to be approaching Alachua County with King on board. Once troopers spotted the bus and conducted a traffic stop, they boarded it and called out King’s name. He surrendered without incident, according to the report.

King was taken by troopers and booked into the Alachua County Jail with no bond as of Friday afternoon. He faces a first degree murder charge and is awaiting extradition to Pinellas County.

Contact Samia Lagmis at slagmis@alligator.org