Monday, March 18, 2024
<p>Ian Deal</p>

Ian Deal

A UF student was found naked in the bed of a woman he allegedly raped when University Police arrested him Sunday.

The woman invited Ian Fitzgerald Deal, 19, of Ponte Vedra Beach, to hang out at her apartment in Keys Residential Complex, according to a University Police arrest report.

Deal is a UF construction management sophomore, said UF spokesperson Steve Orlando.

When he got to her apartment, she told Deal that they were not going to have sex because she was a virgin, she said.

They started kissing and Deal grabbed her by the neck, flipped her over and took her clothes off, the report said. She told him to stop and that she did not want to have sex.

Deal then pushed her face into a pillow and assaulted her, the report said. She told him multiple times to stop and tried physically stopping him, but he continued.

When he was done, he rolled over and fell asleep naked, police said. The woman called the police and went to a hospital to complete a sexual assault kit.

Authorities detained Deal at 7:37 a.m. while still in the bedroom, the report said. He told police the woman and he and had consensual sex and that he did not use a condom.

He was charged with sexual battery, the report said.

He could not be reached for comment.

Deal bonded out of the Alachua County Jail on a $275,000 bail Tuesday.

Ian Deal