University Police spent more than $10,000 for Trump Jr., Guilfoyle visit

<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-1e28480d-7fff-322f-5365-453d021d766e"><span>Donald Trump Jr. speaks to a crowd of more than 800 people Thursday evening. Trump’s speech was met with a mixture of cheers and boos.</span></span></p>

Donald Trump Jr. speaks to a crowd of more than 800 people Thursday evening. Trump’s speech was met with a mixture of cheers and boos.

Protesters called Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle’s $50,000 visit to UF last month a waste of student funds. Now, they can add $10,000 to that bill.

Records show University Police spent $10,428 on security. Overtime and custodial costs were $1,500, said UF spokesperson Steve Orlando.

Public records show UPD billed ACCENT Speakers Bureau $5,774.

UPD spokesperson Maj. Brad Barber confirmed the amount billed to ACCENT was for getting officers for the event, but couldn’t answer how many were present.

Barber and Orlando confirmed additional security cameras were installed for the event. They did not disclose how many were installed nor how much they cost.

A $19.06 per credit hour fee due at the start of the semester, covers UF Student Government’s budget, which funds ACCENT. Funds taken from this account were used to pay the speakers. 

ACCENT Chair Henry Fair did not respond to emails, texts and phone calls Wednesday and Thursday on whether ACCENT paid UPD using student fees.

On Oct. 10, Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle spoke to about 800 supporters and protesters at the University Auditorium. Protesters believed the event was a campaign stop designed by UF Student Body President Michael Murphy, who denied these claims.

national financial consultant for Trump Victory, the president's reelection committee, contacted Murphy about bringing the pair to UF, emails showed. A resolution for Murphy’s impeachment has since been filed in SG Senate