Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville woman was arrested for driving drunk after she turned the wrong way into traffic on Southwest 34th Street and called field sobriety exercises “fun” Saturday night, Gainesville Police said.

Brandie Lee Walker, 33, was turning right onto Southwest 34th Street from West University Avenue when a GPD officer watched her turn north into southbound traffic at about 12:36 a.m., according to an arrest report. The officer pulled Walker over in the parking lot of Tires Plus.

The officer asked Walker for her registration, and she struggled to find it even though it was on her front passenger seat, police said. She stumbled over her words and smelled like alcohol.

She leaned on the officer’s car for support and told police she had two beers at her house an hour before, according to the report.

Police said Walker smiled and giggled and called field sobriety exercises fun. In one exercise, she estimated the passage of 30 seconds after 80 seconds, according to the report.

The officer measured her blood alcohol content at the scene as .260 and .267, which is over three times the legal limit, according to the report.

Walker was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence and taken to the Alachua County Jail. She was released from the jail on her own recognizance Saturday morning.

Walker could not be reached for comment.