A new UF blog about the Reitz Union is set to debut in early March and is still looking for student bloggers.

The Reitz Union is accepting blogger applications until Wednesday. Students picked to write for the blog, which has the working title of Union Life blogs, will have a profile on the Reitz Union’s website and will each post about once a month.

The blog comes shortly after the January premiere of UF’s history department’s blog, which was created to showcase students’ accomplishments, trips and other aspects of the department.

The Reitz Union blogs should go live within the next few weeks, said Emily Davis, marketing coordinator at the Reitz Union.

Students can either write for the Reitz Union blog as volunteers, or they can receive unpaid internship credit, she said.

The history department’s official blog, History@UF, is written solely by volunteers. Its first full entry was posted on Jan. 31.

Sean Adams, an associate professor in the history department, said blogs like this help enhance the university’s sense of community.

Both blogs focus on UF’s community through testimonials that show prospective students, current students and alumni what life is like at the university.

UF students can also contribute posts to both blogs.

“I think that a lot of people here are starting an effort to make the university more intimate,” Adams said.