A 21-year-old man was banned from campus last week after a UF student reported that he was looking at porn and masturbating while using a computer at Library West.

The student told police that the man, Chrisopher E. Wallace, did not expose himself but had his left hand in his pants and appeared to be masturbating, according to a police report.

The witness said she didn't report the original incident in late September but made sure to report it when she saw him at the library again last week.

When officers arrived, they did not find him looking at porn, but, because he had no connection to UF, they banned him from campus. The ban is effective for three years.

A phone number listed for Wallace was not in service on Monday afternoon.

The incident is not the first in which a man has been accused of masturbating in a UF library.

In January of 2008, Gene Walker Moore, 41 at the time, was charged with exposure of sexual organs after two students saw him masturbating in the Norman Hall library, according to a University Police Department news release.