As Friday’s Gator Growl approaches, organizers are pushing a program that would donate even more to its philanthropy, the Wounded Warrior Project.

If 32,500 tickets are sold, then Gator Growl will donate $25,000 to the organization, which supports veterans. After that amount is reached, 75 percent of each ticket sold will go to the group.

“We know The Gator Nation can raise a lot for our wounded warriors,” said Severin Walstad, 21, associate producer of sales for Gator Growl.

As of Friday morning, 15,000 tickets had already been sold, Walstad said, which is average for being a week away from the event.

The past three years, 26,000 to 35,000 tickets were sold, he said.

Tickets are $15 for UF students, $20 for UF faculty and staff and $25 for general public.

Gator Growl has set up a program where anyone can buy tickets for wounded veterans or their family members. About 300 of those tickets have been sold so far.

Walstad said it makes sense to continue with Gator Growl’s theme of “United We Growl” and support veterans.

“Veterans are such an integral part of The Gator Nation already,” he said.

Contact Benjamin S. Brasch at bbrasch@alligator.org.