<p>Jesse Norton</p>

Jesse Norton

A couple arguing behind Midtown resisted arrest Thursday and called police “Trump-loving pigs,” University Police said.

Amber Louise Thomas and Jesse Norton, both 27, were arguing at about 2 a.m. near Pascal’s Coffeehouse, according to a police report. An officer saw Norton shove Thomas to the ground with his shoulder.

Thomas punched Norton in his face, according to the report. They both fell back from the force of the blow and police instructed them to stay on the ground.

Both seemed drunk and said they were at a bar earlier, police said.

After her arrest, Thomas became angry and refused to sit in the police car, according to the report.

“F--- you, you Trump-loving pigs,” she told police, according to the report.

She threw her head back into an officer’s face and hit her mouth, causing the officer’s lip to swell, according to the report. While an officer tried to search Norton, Norton kicked the officer’s shin and tried to pull away.

Thomas and Norton were arrested on charges of battery, assaulting an officer and resisting arrest. Authorities took them to the Alachua County Jail where Norton remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $17,500 bond. Thomas was released Thursday afternoon on her own recognizance.

When contacted, Thomas declined to comment.

mkornfield@alligator.org

@merylkornfield

Jesse Norton

Amber Louise Thomas