Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a local man early Tuesday morning after he reportedly posted revealing photos of his wife on Facebook and burned her shoes.

About 12:45 a.m. Tuesday, Glover Smith, 43, reportedly uploaded three photos of his partially nude wife after an argument caused her to leave their home, according to a police report.

She didn’t know the photos existed until Smith sent her text messages about the Facebook post, according to the report.

Smith further taunted his wife by saying he would like the post, and she became worried their son would see it on her page, according to the report.

Smith then placed 15 pairs of his wife’s shoes in a burn pit and set them on fire causing $500 in losses, according to the report.

He continued the social media tantrum by uploading photos of the burning shoes, followed by a comment that said, "Now you have two pairs of shoes."

He also wrote, "I am going to burn your s**t," and, "You said it is over and you got all mine so I burn all yours," according to the report.

His wife declined to comment.

Smith later told police he lashed out against his wife of seven years because she angered him.

Police arrested Smith on charges of cyberstalking and criminal mischief and took him to the Alachua County Jail where, as of press time, he remains without bond.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Gsabella

Glover Smith