Two Gainesville men are dead and three more are injured after a car accident early Friday.

Gainesville resident Jamie Reed, 33, was driving a semitrailer just before 4 a.m. Friday on Northwest 39th Avenue when a Lincoln passenger car traveling on Northwest 19th Street pulled directly in front of the truck, resulting in a T-bone collision.

The driver of the Lincoln, John Lee Little Jr., 24, and one of the car’s three passengers, Donte’ Mandel Bradley-Faulk, 23, were both pronounced dead at the scene. The other two passengers, Terrell Marquis Bradley, 23, and Rodrick Marvin Thompson Jr., 23, were transported to UF Health Shands Hospital under Trauma Alert. Thompson suffered non-life threatening injuries and Bradley suffered critical injuries. As of press time, both were in stable condition.

Reed, the driver of the semitrailer, suffered minor injuries from the crash.

Little, known as Johnny Rocket or Rocket to friends, had played football and ran track for Eastside High School, earning a running back position at Charleston Southern University. Bradley-Faulk also ran track for Buchholz High School, setting top-ten school records in both 100-meter and 200-meter events.

As of press time, police do not expect Reed to be charged in the accident.

[A version of this story ran on page 6 on 1/20/2015 under the headline “Semitrailer, passenger car collide Friday, leaving two dead, three injured"]