Gainesville Police arrested an Archer man Tuesday in connection to four burglaries.

Sometime overnight between Aug. 25 and Aug. 26, Franklin Andrew Studemire, 31, entered Gator Garage, located at 1602 NW Sixth Street, and cut its power in order to steal guns and ammunition, according to a police report.

Three nights later, three additional burglaries occurred in the 800 block of Northwest 23rd Avenue and one attempted burglary occurred in the 1700 block of Northeast 23rd Avenue, according to the report.

In all four cases, Studemire cut the GRU security tags outside the buildings to shut off their electricity, according to the report. He then used a blunt object to shatter the buildings’ doors or windows. 

On Sep. 2, GPD arrested Studemire on charges of loitering and prowling, according to the report. During the investigation, a burglary was reported at All Cats Veterinary Clinic, located at 1034 NW 13th Street, during the onset of Hurricane Hermine.

After police arrested Studemire three blocks south of the clinic, officers found a pair of bolt cutters in his car with a piece of a green GRU security tag, according to the report.

While in the Alachua County Jail, Studemire called his brother and, while speaking in “code,” told him to remove rifles from their mother’s front porch, according to the report. 

Police later recovered the rifles near their mother’s home, stuffed inside bags in Studemire’s car, according to the report.

He was arrested on charges including four counts of grand theft grand theft of a firearm and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Authorities took Studemire to the Alachua County Jail, where he remains as of press time in lieu of a $530,000 bond.