After she didn’t like her brownie, a Sanford, Florida, woman threatened officers with a dust mop handle.

At about 11:30 a.m. Sunday, Alltawanna Gilchrist, 19, received the chocolate pastry during lunch at the Alachua County Jail, according to a police report.

However, Gilchrist was unhappy with the brownie, so a detention officer took her lunch tray and walked to get her a new one, according to the report. 

When the officer left, Gilchrist stood on a table in the jail’s dayroom and grabbed a dust mop handle that had metal on the end, according to the report.

Gilchrist then swung the handle in the air and yelled threats at officers, according to the report.

As one officer walked back into the room, Gilchrist said, “Bring your a** in here, and I will have something for you,” according to the report.

Deputies with the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrested Gilchrist on two counts of aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer.

Gilchrist has an open case from when police said she threw an unknown liquid on a corrections officer at UF Health Shands Hospital in October, according to Alachua County court records.

She remains in jail, as of press time, in lieu of a $20,000 bond.

Contact Martin Vassolo at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @martindvassolo

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.