After an almost six-month investigation, the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Gainesville man Wednesday morning accused of possessing child pornography on his computer.

Deputies charged Jeremy Michael Davis, 37, of 1000 SW 62nd Blvd., with obscene material possession and obscene material distribution, which are both third-degree felonies, according to an ASO arrest report.

The investigation started at the end of August after ASO received a tip about Davis’ alleged activity, said ASO spokesman Art Forgey.

Deputies obtained a search warrant after a detective downloaded child pornography from a source using Davis’ Internet, according to the report.

During a search of Davis’ house at about 7 a.m. Wednesday, deputies briefly looked through Davis’ computer, and found pictures and videos of children performing sexual acts, according to the report.

Davis’ described himself to deputies as a “boy lover” and said he’s been using peer-to-peer software for more than a year to download and share the pornographic items, according to the report.

Davis added that he searched for the videos using terms such as “bibcam,” “boys in underwear” and “boys in bedroom,” according to the report.

After Davis’ arrest, deputies booked him into the Alachua County Jail at about 11 a.m. Wednesday, where he remained Thursday night with a $200,000 bond.

Contact Kathryn Varn at [email protected].

(0) entries

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.