Detectives from the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrested a Lake City man on Tuesday who was connected to a Feb. 24 bank robbery in Gainesville.

Robbin Dale McRay, 54, was arrested on felony charges of grand theft auto and robbery with a firearm, according to the sheriff’s office arrest report.

On Feb. 24 at around 9:30 a.m., McRay and an unknown suspect entered the Bank of America at 7606 W. Newberry Road, ASO spokesman Art Forgey said.

According to the report, McRay walked up to two bank tellers and demanded they put money in a plastic bag.

A second suspect walked around the lobby with a short-barreled shotgun.

No one was injured during the heist, according to the report.

The suspects then fled the scene in a 1994 Chevrolet van, which was stolen before the robbery from Shands at UF.

Following the robbery, the sherrif’s office launched an investigation and began narrowing down potential suspects.

During their investigation, detectives interviewed McRay on Tuesday, who confessed he was involved in the heist.

Investigators are continuing their search for the second suspect, Forgey said.

McRay is at the Alachua County Jail where he is being held on a $160,000 bond.

Contact Chris Alcantara at calcantara@alligator.org.