A record amount of people are estimated to travel on the days leading up to Monday, but gas prices will likely reach the lowest point since Memorial Day 2005. 

The American Automobile Association announced an estimated 38 million people — more than two million in Florida — will travel between today and Monday, according to a press release.

Approximately 89 percent of travelers will drive, 7 percent will fly and 4 percent will board cruises, buses and trains, according to the release.

The lower gas prices will cause increased traffic and congestion, said Mark Jenkins, a spokesman for AAA.

“Be patient when you’re traveling,” he said. “Get ahead of the crowds if you can or take alternative routes.”

Jenkins said the organization plans to help more than 350,000 cars during the holiday weekend, and even passengers with a membership can call to have their drivers’ cars fixed.

Mike Wacht, a spokesman for the state’s Department of Transportation, said travelers can use Florida 511 to stay updated on congestion, construction and road closures.

The service is found by visiting fl511.com or calling 511, and there are also 13 Twitter feeds and an app, he said.

Devin Gregory, a 22-year-old UF psychology and criminology senior, said he plans to visit Jacksonville for a concert.

“I’m excited to just spend the day off work and out with my friends,” he said.