County officials investigated the Dove World Outreach Center after receiving an anonymous complaint the church was violating tax-exemption laws.

The anonymous tip sent to the Alachua Country Property Appraiser claimed the church wasn’t paying taxes on part of the building leased to TS & Company, a furniture business run by Dove World Outreach Center preachers Terry and Sylvia Jones.

Sheila Crapo, a property appraiser administrative analyst, said she investigated the church on Thursday, and the furniture business was leasing 1,700 square feet of the 9,000-square-foot church.

Crapo said the building could remain tax-exempt as long as its predominate use was for religious purposes.

In a statement issued by the church, the center said it was operating in accordance with the law according to its tax consultant.

The investigation was not related to the center’s sign declaring “No homo mayor” and an anti-gay YouTube video.

(1) entry

angel1

Well this should tell them something ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAC1_9nmkSY&feature=related

Sign the guestbook.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.