<p>New York Times staff writers Megan Twohey, left, and Jodi Kantor address colleagues in the newsroom in New York after the team they led won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service on Monday, April 16, 2018. The Times shared the prize with Ronan Farrow of The New Yorker for their reporting on sexual harassment that ushered in a reckoning about the treatment of women by powerful men in the uppermost ranks of Hollywood, politics, media and technology. New York Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet looks on at right.&nbsp;</p>

New York Times staff writers Megan Twohey, left, and Jodi Kantor address colleagues in the newsroom in New York after the team they led won the 2018 Pulitzer Prize for Public Service on Monday, April 16, 2018. The Times shared the prize with Ronan Farrow of The New Yorker for their reporting on sexual harassment that ushered in a reckoning about the treatment of women by powerful men in the uppermost ranks of Hollywood, politics, media and technology. New York Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet looks on at right. 

A New York Times investigative reporter who was part of the team that revealed Harvey Weinstein was paying off his sexual harassment accusers will be under a spotlight at the Florida Gym on April 25.

Accent, a Student Government agency that brings speakers to campus, announced Monday it will host a 30-minute Q&A session with Jodi Kantor, who will talk about her career in journalism and her work on the Weinstein story. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis at the event, Accent Chairwoman Shelby Buchanan wrote in an email. This is the last Accent show of the semester.

Doors will open at 7:30 p.m., but the event will begin at 8 p.m. Kantor is being paid $20,000 to speak, Buchanan said.

The event was announced the same day Kantor and a team of reporters won a Pulitzer Prize for their reporting on Weinstein, which reintroduced the #MeToo movement, which was founded by Tarana Burke.

“I hope students will be impressed by Jodi’s courage and that journalism students will be emboldened to push the envelopes in their careers, as she has,” she said.

Accent chose Kantor not only for her involvement in the #MeToo movement but also her coverage of women’s issues throughout her career, Buchanan said.

UF industrial and systems engineering junior Matthew Rosenthal said he was surprised to see a journalist coming to speak. He said it’s nice to see a speaker that’s relevant to the news today.

“I’m just excited she’s coming and to hear somebody that’s been involved in the #MeToo movement because she was one of the ones to bring this out of the darkness into the public sphere,” the 21-year-old said.

Contact Christina Morales at cmorales@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter at @Christina_M18