During Tuesday night’s Senate meeting, Senate President Jenny Clements started her report with a moment of silence for victims of the recent mass shooting in Orlando.

Afterward, she encouraged UF students who are affected by the tragedy to contact U Matter, We Care for additional support.

Danielle Quevedo and David Mkoji, both sophomores, used the public debate session to present their new organization, SwampCycle.

They proposed a plan to install shared bike stations for students on campus. The initiative is meant to offer students an easier transportation system on campus, especially when someone doesn’t own a bike.

The current plan is to set up shared bike stations in predominant areas on campus, such as Turlington Plaza, Marston Science Library and Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Students would have to swipe their Gator 1 Card before and after using the bikes, and the estimated cost to ride would be $5 an hour.

If the program were established, providing preview bike tours and offering visitors the opportunity to pay for a bike tour could be possible.

The new idea is in the early process of being connected with Student Government. There are currently no other details about the cost of installation or if Senate will help the organization.

Capt. Jeff Holcomb later announced the Student Nighttime Auxiliary Patrol is officially moving from the University Police Department to the transportation department.

The vehicles, he said, will be moved to Garage 2 for storage, but no changes other than management should be made to the service.

Holcomb said he believes the service will be better managed under the new department.

He also addressed the question of whether SNAP would ever offer its services off-campus. Such an initiative would require a lot of expansion, Holcomb said, and it won’t likely happen in the near future.

The Executive Branch also released a public video of Student Body President Susan Webster and Vice President Brendon “B. J.” Jonassaint announcing the 24/7 opening of Library West in the Fall. As of press time, the announcement is SG’s most popular video, with 54,000 views on Facebook.

There will be no Senate meeting next week.