The absence of a senator for the new residence hall, Infinity Hall, motivated me to attend the Student Senate meeting Sept. 15. I learned that my representatives in the Senate were the District A senators, none of which live in Infinity. During this meeting I voiced my concerns; however, they were not heard by the majority in the Senate.

It is important that residents like myself have a voice in Student Government. An Infinity Hall senator can address issues that are unique to my experience as a resident. As UF students residing in a non traditional-housing building, we encounter issues other current constituents of District A do not. These issues can only be heard by a voice in the Senate, and right now, that voice is absent. For a new party to come to campus and say Infinity Hall doesn’t get a chance to make an impact is shocking.

I urge a re-examination. All we ask is for a discussion, and I wish outreach from senators in the majority had come sooner. I am very disappointed in the majority of Student Senate for failing to meet the basic representative needs of residents in Infinity Hall. I only hope they act on this in time for the Fall 2016 election so our voices will be heard.

Connor Corzine

Infinity Hall resident