I'll come right out and say it. I'm a Christian and I don't want gays to have the right to marry. Hate me or like me as you will. Marriage is supposed to be a sacred bond between man and woman in a one-to-one ratio. I want to see that bond protected.

In his article, Joe Dellosa claims he doesn't want a "gay high school student… to have another reason to feel alone." The gays at my high school were far from alone. And perhaps if they'd make up their minds to stop messing with nature and actually feel some attraction for the opposite gender they wouldn't feel alone to begin with. Homosexuality isn't something you're born with; it's a choice.

As for domestic partnership: if you want to live together, fine. But don't plead for the right to marry. Dellosa also mentions that he doesn't like the way scripture is used in political ads. I can't say that I always agree with it either, but this country was founded on Christian beliefs. References to the Bible and Ten Commandments will continue to pop up. "In God We Trust" is still on the back of our currency.

So, Dellosa, get over it. Christian beliefs and adherents are here to stay, and we will fight for what we believe in.