<p>UF forward Ronni Williams goes for a layup during Florida's 53-45 win against LSU on Jan. 17, 2016, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF forward Ronni Williams goes for a layup during Florida's 53-45 win against LSU on Jan. 17, 2016, in the O'Connell Center.

Ronni Williams still believes the Florida women’s basketball team can bounce back from its rough start to SEC play.

The Gators (9-9, 0-5 SEC) have lost their first five conference games for the first time since the 2006-07 season. Defeats at the hands of Auburn, LSU, South Carolina, Mississippi State and Texas A&M have UF sitting in dead last in the league standings, a drastic change from its fourth-place finish one year ago.

However, after Florida’s most recent loss to the Aggies on Sunday, Williams made a bold statement.

“We’ve gotta go 11-0 on this next run,” she said.

While it’s highly unlikely the Gators will run the table to conclude the regular season, it can’t be completely ruled out with a player like Williams on the roster.

UF’s lone four-year senior has put the program on her back in recent weeks, averaging 20.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game over her previous eight contests. Her 17.7 points-per-game average this season is also good for second best in the SEC, earning her recognition as one of the conference's elite.

And while one individual can’t be expected to carry a struggling team out of the cellar, Williams believes if Florida continues to trust the process, things will turn around.

“We just gotta keep sticking to our game plan, trusting our coaches, trusting ourselves, trusting our (teammates) and keep looking forward,” Williams said.

Contact Dylan Dixon at ddixon@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @dylanrdixon.