<p>Trey Burton celebrates a touchdown during UF’s 33-23 win against Tennessee on Sept. 17, 2011. &nbsp;Burton has been listed at three different positions for the Gators since 2010. Florida listed him at wide receiver in its 2013 media guide on Monday.</p>

Trey Burton celebrates a touchdown during UF’s 33-23 win against Tennessee on Sept. 17, 2011.  Burton has been listed at three different positions for the Gators since 2010. Florida listed him at wide receiver in its 2013 media guide on Monday.

The Florida football team released its media guide – sans cover – via Gatorzone.com on Monday.

On the same day, UF updated the men’s basketball roster for the 2013-14 season.

For members of the media, it was time to hunt for some interesting bits of information.

Every new roster or media guide has something tantalizing to offer, so here are 10 things I drew from both items:

1. Since the beginning of the 2012 season, fullback Hunter Joyer has lost 16 pounds.

He’s now down to 233 pounds at 5 feet, 11 inches. Impressive.

2. Freshman running back Kelvin Taylor will wear his father’s number.

Fred Taylor wore No. 21 during his four years at Florida from 1994-1997, and his son will follow in his footsteps. Kelvin Taylor tweeted more than a year ago that he would don his the number of his father – a First-Team All-American in 1997 – so it comes as no surprise.

I’m sure many diehard Gators fans will break out their old Fred Taylor jerseys from the mid-90s come football season.

3. Trey Burton is listed as a wide receiver.

Burton was listed as a quarterback during his freshman season in 2010 and as a running back in 2011 and 2012.

Florida will most likely use Burton at multiple positions in 2013, including the centerpiece of the Wildcat formation. So at this point, this really warrants a “whatever.”

4. Defensive lineman Darious “Bear” Cummings is listed as Darious “Bear” Cummings.

The JUCO transfer earned the moniker “Teddybear” as a child, but his father shortened it to “Bear” when he was 10 or 11, according to a post on Cummings’ Twitter account (@5BearCummings5). He’s the only player on the roster listed with a nickname.

It’s definitely Bear-able (cue rimshot).

5. Aaron Hernandez is listed under “Prominent Players Coached.”

On running back coach Brian White’s profile page, Hernandez is listed with running backs Jeff Demps, Mike Gillislee and Chris Rainey as a “prominent player coached.”

Sure, White – then a tight ends/fullbacks coach – helped groom Hernandez into an elite talent, but in light of recent events, leaving the former New England Patriots tight end on White’s page is a bit controversial. I’m sure White could find another former Florida player to put on his resume in place of Hernandez. Maybe Baltimore Ravens offensive weapon Omarius Hines? The school could always just leave it at three.

6. Grant Van Aman is still on the roster.

Gainesville Police arrested the walk-on redshirt freshman punter on June 29 and charged him with driving under the influence on his scooter after he ran a stop sign, according to a police report. His court date is scheduled for July 18, according to 247Sports.com, so I assume Will Muschamp won’t make any decisions until the situation is settled.

7. Wide receiver Darius Masline is the only returning player without a picture.

I know he’s a redshirt freshman walk-on, but that’s just cold-blooded.

8. Forward Chris Walker is not on Florida men’s basketball’s roster.

The five-star signee out of Bonifay still has some academic issues he needs to get settled, and there’s a chance he could be ineligible this year. Walker and the Gators should find out his eligibility status from the NCAA Clearinghouse within the month.

9. Five-star point guard Kasey Hill will steal Jacob Kurtz’s No. 0.

Kurtz will wear No. 30. Rutgers transfer Eli Carter will sport No. 1 next season for UF basketball if he receives a waiver from the NCAA.

10. I didn’t see any Photoshopped pictures courtesy of Joker Phillips in the media guide.

Thank the Lord.

Contact Landon Watnick at lwatnick@alligator.org.