<p>UF football coach Jim McElwain walks out of the visitor's tunnel prior to Florida's 14-9 win against Kentucky on Sept. 19, 2015, at Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington, Kentucky.</p>

UF football coach Jim McElwain walks out of the visitor's tunnel prior to Florida's 14-9 win against Kentucky on Sept. 19, 2015, at Commonwealth Stadium in Lexington, Kentucky.

After almost two years, Florida football is back among the ranked.

Following UF’s 28-27 come-from-behind victory against Tennessee on Saturday, the Gators checked in as the No. 25 team in the Associated Press’ latest Top 25 poll, which was released Sunday afternoon.

After trailing Tennessee 27-14 with about 10 minutes to play, Florida scored 14 unanswered points, highlighted by Antonio Callaway’s 63-yard catch-and-run on fourth and 14 to give the Gators the one-point lead with 1:26 left to play.

Tennessee missed the potential game-winning field goal with three seconds remaining on the clock and the Gators escaped with their 11th-straight victory over the Volunteers, a series record.

"There isn’t a need to panic. And we didn’t," UF coach Jim McElwain said.

"It was good to see, and yet, here’s the best thing, is seeing their faces in that locker room after a win like that. Man, that’s what warms your heart."

The ranking marks the first time UF has been ranked in the AP poll since its 36-17 loss to Missouri on Oct. 19, 2013, when it was ranked No. 22.

The loss was the second of seven consecutive Florida losses during its 4-8 2013 season.

The Gators are off to their first 4-0 start since the 2012 season, a year in which the Gators went 11-2 and earned a Sugar Bowl berth.

Florida returns to action Saturday against No. 3 Ole Miss (4-0, 2-0 Southeastern Conference).

Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126