Senior running back Chris Rainey's right foot was in a protective boot Monday, multiple sources close to the team said.

Rainey suffered a right ankle injury with 10:21 left in the first quarter Saturday against Georgia. After losing three yards on a run to his left, Rainey stayed on the ground, holding his leg. He returned in the second quarter and finished with 94 all-purpose yards.

Rainey leads the Gators in rushing yards, (526) receiving yards (305) and all-purpose yards (1,009) this season.

Coach Will Muschamp did not name Rainey in his injury report Monday morning, and a UF team spokesman declined comment.

Muschamp has been ambiguous about injuries all season. After John Brantley suffered a reported right ankle sprain against Alabama on Oct. 1, for example, Muschamp said the quarterback was out with a "lower leg" injury.

Muschamp did update the status of seven other players Monday.

Quarterback John Brantley "seems to be fine." Cornerback Cody Riggs (wrist) is probable. Kicker Caleb Sturgis (right leg) and linebacker Lerentee McCray (undisclosed) are questionable.

Muschamp hopes to have running back Mike Gillislee (ankle) and Chaz Green (right ankle) back in practice by Wednesday. Cornerback Jeremy Brown (sprained knee) will not practice this week. He has been out since the first week of training camp.

Contact Tyler Jett at [email protected]. 

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.