<p>Ryan Orr tees off on Day 2 of the SunTrust Gator Invitational on Feb. 16 at the Mark Bostick Golf Course.</p>

Ryan Orr tees off on Day 2 of the SunTrust Gator Invitational on Feb. 16 at the Mark Bostick Golf Course.

Ryan Orr is motivated to improve on his fall season.

The sophomore golfer played in three of the four tournaments during the Fall portion of the season, but it didn’t go exactly as he planned.

"I didn’t have a great Fall," Orr said. "Even though I wasn’t playing well, I always kept my attitude well and I was always positive and looking forward and never giving up."

It was the first time the Belleair, Florida, native didn’t play in each tournament during his career at Florida.

In his freshman season, Orr was the lone freshman and just one of two Gators to compete in every tournament.

After struggling in the first tournament, Orr’s best finish came in the second tournament at the Wolf Run Intercollegiate in Zionsville, Indiana.

His score of 14-over-par was good enough for a tie for 19th place.

Orr didn’t compete in the ensuing Tavistock Collegiate Invitational after struggling during qualifying.

But he was able to bounce back in the last event.

During the Florida Gulf Coast Invitational, Orr shot an 11-over-227 after the three rounds.

He finished tied for 21st.

"At Old Corkscrew our final event, I finally put a couple good rounds together, so that gave me some confidence at the end of the semester," Orr said.

Orr didn’t take any time off during the winter break.

Along with others on the team, Orr ended up playing in tournaments to stay competitive.

Orr participated in the New Year’s Invitational where he finished in ninth place.

With the addition of Alejandro Tosti to the program in January, Orr is embracing the extra competition that Tosti brings to the team.

"He’s a really good player," Orr said. "It motivates me even more, to practice harder and get better, so he doesn’t beat me."

As the Spring season gets underway, the Gators will play at one of the most famous golf courses in the world, TPC Sawgrass.

The Sea Best Invitational brings top teams from around the country.

Orr will be in Florida’s lineup and he will have a chance to put the fall season behind him.

Orr’s goals for the spring are simple. He wants to compete and wants the best outcome for the team in each tournament.

"I’m just trying to, most importantly, play in every tournament," Orr said. "Be competitive in those tournaments, obviously try to get a win but just try to play as well as I can for the team to make our team better."

Follow Luis Torres on Twitter @LFTorresIII