<p>UF's Lauren Haeger bats during Florida's 2-1 win against UNF on April 1, 2015, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.</p>

UF's Lauren Haeger bats during Florida's 2-1 win against UNF on April 1, 2015, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

After striking out in her first two at-bats, Lauren Haeger wasn’t going to walk back to the dugout empty-handed for a third time.

Down 1-2 in the count, Haeger blasted a three-run home run to left field to give the Gators a 6-2 lead over Kentucky in the fourth inning.

The blast ultimately decided the game as the third-ranked Gators (39-4, 10-4 Southeastern Conference) took down the No. 13 Wildcats (27-13, 4-11 SEC) 6-3 Sunday at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

The homer was Haeger’s 13th this season and 65th of her career, which ties the school record set by Megan Bush.

"That’s exciting. Megan Bush was talking to me about it yesterday," Haeger said. "I worked really hard and I can’t believe that I’m a senior and it’s already here."

Freshman Aleshia Ocasio, who started the game in the circle, ran into trouble in the top of the third inning. She walked UK’s Ansley Smith to begin the inning, who advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt.

Two pitches later, Christian Stokes sent a home run over the center field wall to give Kentucky a 2-0 lead.

Ocasio has now surrendered eight home runs this season, which leads the team.

The St. Cloud native allowed three runs in six innings, striking out two as she improved to 13-3.

The Gators picked her up and found their stroke in the fourth inning, scoring six runs.

After two quick groundouts, Florida compiled three walks and four hits. DeWitt plated UF’s first run with an RBI single, and Kirsti Merritt knocked in two with an infield single to secure a 3-2 lead.

Then Haeger capped off the hit parade with the three-run homer.

Ocasio allowed a solo home run in the sixth to UK’s Griffin Joiner before Delanie Gourley came in to the circle and earned her first save of the season in the seventh inning.

Haeger’s next chance to break the program record will come tonight at 7 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium as the Gators look to sweep the series.

Coach Tim Walton said he’s glad to see Haeger capping off her career on a high note, and the home run record only adds to that.

"It’s an SEC record that only four people have had – I think Kelly Kretschman, Francesca Enea, Megan Bush and now Lauren Haeger," he said. "To be mentioned in the same breath as those three hitters says a lot about her."

Follow Patrick Pinak on Twitter @Pinakk12