<p>UF's Carli Snyder (left) and Rhamat Alhassan celebrate during Florida's 3-0 win against New Hampshire Dec. 3, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.</p>

UF's Carli Snyder (left) and Rhamat Alhassan celebrate during Florida's 3-0 win against New Hampshire Dec. 3, 2015, in the O'Connell Center.

From start to finish, New Hampshire didn’t have an answer for Alex Holston.

On the first and final points of Florida’s opening NCAA Tournament match, the junior right-side hitter pounded kills from senior setter Mackenzie Dagostino.

Holston paired 10 kills with zero errors as the No. 11 seed Gators swept the Wildcats (25-15, 25-9, 25-15) Thursday night in the O’Connell Center.

UF advanced one step further in the tournament and will face Florida State Friday night in the O'Connell Center at 7.

"It’s all about the chemistry with your setter," Holston said. "Obviously Mackenzie was able to dish out the ball."

The Gators struck quickly and jumped to an early lead in set one. Holston pounded a kill to put UF up 1-0, and then a few points later Florida took off under Dagostino’s serve. The senior setter rallied off two aces to take an 8-4 and 10-4 lead. Dagostino finished with a match-high four aces.

Meanwhile, outside hitter Ziva Recek pulverized the Wildcats with her arm. The senior racked up six kills in the first set, including back-to-back slams to take a 15-8 lead. Recek finished the match with 10 kills.

Florida then cruised to win set one 25-15, putting it away on a New Hampshire attack error.

Sophomore setter Abby Detering took over the court in the second set. Up 12-6, Detering took the ball behind the service line nine times, resulting in eight straight points to go up 20-6.

The Mentor, Ohio, native aced the Wildcats twice during the run at 14-6 and 19-6 before ending the streak with a serve into the net two points later. Detering finished the match with three aces.

Coach Mary Wise said Detering didn’t find a rhythm until the second set.

"With that left hand she has an ability to move and locate the balls, so we took advantage of her not only serving the ball in but serving aggressively," Wise said.

The Gators put set two away after a slew of New Hampshire attack errors from Tori Forrest, who committed four straight to hand Florida the 25-9 win.

Like the two prior sets, Florida took control early in set three.

UF flew out to an 8-4 lead after Dagostino thumped a kill straight down at the net. But UNH answered, racking up three straight points.

Under Dagostino’s serve, the Gators then won four straight points to go ahead 12-7, including her third ace of the night.

New Hampshire pulled within two a few times in the points following, but the Gators found separation after leading 14-12.

UF rumbled off four straight points with the help of two kills by sophomore middle blocker Rhamat Alhassan to take an 18-12 lead.

Soon after, Dagostino served up her fourth ace of the night to give the Gators a 24-15 match point before setting Holston up for the match-ending kill.

The Gators return to the O’Connell Center Friday night to take on in-state rival FSU in a win-or-go-home match. Florida beat Florida State 3-1 at home in their lone matchup this season Sept. 20.

"Something Mary pointed out in the locker room is it’s not a rivalry match," Dagostino said. "It’s just another team in the tournament that we have to face."

Follow Patrick Pinak on Twitter @Pinakk12