This weekend, Kanapaha Botanical Gardens will host Paint Out, an annual event in which about 20 local landscape artists join together to create a live painting experience inspired by the gardens around them.

The event is part of the 13th Worldwide Artist Paint Out. The global nature of this event connects artists from all over the world through a common understanding and pursuit of art.

Here in Gainesville, Paint Out provides a unique opportunity for those involved. The event, which will run Friday through Sunday, will allow the public to interact with and experience the techniques of local artists and give artists exposure within the community.

A botanical gardens representative said the event “is another way for us to expose people to the gardens.”

As patrons wander through the gardens, they will encounter artists working their trade and be able to chat with them. On Sept. 16 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Kanapaha will host a sale of the works produced during Paint Out, and 40 percent of the sales will go back to the gardens.

Admission for Paint Out is free for Kanapaha Botanical Gardens members and remains at the gardens’ normal rate for nonmembers. Adult admission is $8, children ages 5 to 13 have a $4 entry fee and children under 5 enter for free.