People poured into the High Dive last October to watch a performance that sold out at the door. This year the venue will give the public not just one, but three chances to see this popular production.

Local actors and actresses will showcase a live, interactive performance of “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” while the original movie plays simultaneously, a popular way to show this cult-classic movie. 

The first showing was Wednesday, and the last two are Oct. 9 and Oct. 15. Doors open at 9 p.m.

“The show will be on a bigger scale and more nights this year because it was a huge success and sold out last year,” said Patrick Lavery, the High Dive’s marketing and event coordinator.

Tori Bunnell, a 22-year-old UF anthropology senior who has been a fan of the production for several years, said, “There’s almost no chance I’d turn down a ‘Rocky Horror’ show.”

The performers will break what Shay Smith, a performer and the show’s director, calls “the fourth wall.” 

This means they will interact with audience members instead of ignoring them like in a traditional show.

This is Smith’s second time performing with the local “Rocky Horror” cast and her first time directing it.

“There were so many different types of people and personalities in the audience last year,” she said.

“It’s a show suited for anyone 18 and up,” she clarified.

Lavery encourages buying tickets, which are $5, ahead of time. 

Donations are suggested to support the performers’ passions as well as the High Dive. 

Money will be collected at the door.

“I’ve seen the actors put so much time and effort into the performance — sometimes 80 hours per week,” he said.

Tickets can be purchased directly from the High Dive, at 210 SW Second Ave., on highdivegville.com or at the door.

“It was a sellout last year,” Lavery said. “People are going to want to see it again.”