Local experimental indie-electronic duo King Complex released a new music video for their popular song “Pulling Strings” Thursday on YouTube.

The musical duo has been picking up popularity in the last few months, with seven scheduled shows in February and March, including Gasparilla Music Festival in Tampa.

Bracher Brown and Cody Doss, the duo that makes up King Complex, met through a mutual friend five years ago in St. Petersburg. They’ve been performing as King Complex for nearly two years now.

Prior to the video’s release, “Pulling String” had gathered nearly 20,000 plays on Spotify. On YouTube, the official lyric video for the song had gathered nearly 500 views.

The two 23-year-olds worked with Octopus Studio to bring the video to completion. They gave their idea to the Miami-based production company and were able to maintain their original idea to the final video. The duo and production company have been working on the video since Aug. 22, 2017.

“I think at this point we just want to kind of create the same space that we made with the last album, just a continuation of that, just more content into that kind of world,” Brown said.

The science fiction-esque video features a young girl in a white room with two contrasting hooded figures. As the video progresses, the video moves from the monochrome palette to neon colors, with psychedelic imagery persisting throughout.

“The animations were super cool and groovy. I liked how the video really brought the line ‘dream like a child’ to life,” Elissa Waller, a 19-year-old UF marketing sophomore marketing, said.

“‘Pulling Strings’ is one of my favorite King Complex songs because it includes all the elements the band uses to make their sound unique,” Waller said.

The “Pulling Strings” video can be found at here.