Brooklyn electronic rock outfit Bear Hands will perform at High Dive on Monday as part of its national tour, which supports the band’s 2016 release, “You’ll Pay For This.”

Though Bear Hands has been an active band since 2006, it took the release of its sophomore album, “Distraction,” in 2014 to get the group mainstream play.

If you’re unfamiliar with the band, try listening to the track “Giants,” from the album “Distraction.” Its quiet drum-machine intro is followed by the abrupt sound of Dylan Rau’s distinctive sing-shout. He chants choppy verses over huge instrumental sounds, swelling with sustained synth lines and accented by a poignant guitar riff.

Perhaps Bear Hands’ most distinctive characteristic is Dylan Rau’s vocal style. Fast-paced verses aren’t so much sung as barked by Rau, who seems to incorporate rap influences into the pacing of his lyrics.

“I listen to a lot more hip-hop than rock these days,” Rau said. “Though I would never consider myself a rapper, I think there are definitely some hip-hop vibes on our new record.”

The stand out tracks on “You’ll Pay For This,” though, tend to be slower and more heartfelt than those from “Distraction.” Where a track like “Agora” from the second album sounds like a party-rock banger with upbeat, call-and-response-style vocals, “2AM” from this year’s release maintains a more relaxed, almost defeated pace.

It’s like “Distraction” represents an amped-up night of binge-drinking, dancing and sexual encounters, while “You’ll Pay For This” feels more like a hangover. Its pacing reflects a more contemplative, even regretful sound.

“What I love about Bear Hands is how every one of their albums sounds different,” Juan Salguero, a 20-year-old UF English junior, said. “Their first album is super psychedelic, but their second is way more poppy. This new one is still poppy but sad, too.”

Bear Hands released its first two albums through Cantora Records. This independent label based out of Brooklyn, New York, is most notable for its work with electro-pop duo MGMT, artists who, at times, sonically resemble Bear Hands.

With this new album, though, Bear Hands made a big leap. The group released “You’ll Pay For This” through its own record label, Spensive Sounds. After 10 years of playing together without a lineup change, the band’s members took the path of their music into their own hands.

“Being in the same band with the same people for 10 years can be difficult,” Rau said, “but I love the guys, and this definitely feels like an achievement.”

Tickets can be purchased online at ticketfly.com or Hear Again Records in advance for $15 or at the door for $17. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 8 p.m.