As wide receiver Andre Caldwell and quarterback Tim Tebow stole the show Saturday, the Gators? tight ends quietly put up big numbers.

UF tight ends Cornelius Ingram and Aaron Hernandez combined for seven receptions for 118 yards and caught all three of Tebow?s touchdown passes in the Gators? 59-20 win against Florida Atlantic.

Ingram reeled in four catches for 60 yards and two touchdowns, while Hernandez had three receptions for 58 yards and one score.

All three scores came on highlight reel plays.

Ingram picked up his first score on a one-handed grab in the back of the end zone, getting a foot down before falling backward out of bounds. His second touchdown came on another high pass from Tebow, as the junior came down with the ball and maintained his balance to scamper into the end zone.

It was the first multi-touchdown performance of Ingram?s career.

Hernandez?s touchdown also came on an acrobatic play. He wrestled the ball out of the hands of a Florida Atlantic defender, while in mid-air,before landing flat on his back for the score.

BI just thought, 'I can?t wait for it, or it?s going to be an interception,?C Hernandez said. BI tried to go get it and jump over him, and I happened to get two hands on the ball. It was a fair shot for either me or him to take the ball away, and I happened to win.C

Hernandez also flashed his running ability after receiving a first-quarter shovel pass from Tebow. The true freshman burned defenders for a 29-yard gain.

BGet used to that name,C Meyer said. BHe blocks well, too. He?s a mismatch issue.C

Both players have had their struggles at points this year.

Ingram was unproductive the last few games while trying to play through an injured ankle. Ingram admitted that he didn?t know how to deal with the injury because he had never been injured before.

BIt was a little frustrating,C Ingram said. BIt was kind of tough, but I knew that once I got back, I was going to be okay.C

Meanwhile, Hernandez had trouble adjusting to the college level.

BSeven weeks ago, he was not a good player,C Meyer said. BHe was a guy who was still feeling his way.C

But Hernandez has impressed Meyer in recent weeks, and the coach has made a concerted effort to get the freshman more involved.

BI started off slow, and it was really hard to contribute to this team because everything was happening so quick,C Hernandez said. BBut everything is starting to slow down for me.C