In between plays, Cornelius Ingram couldn?t help but sneak a peek at the scoreboard.

Not at UF?s score, everyone in orange and blue figured the No. 14 Gators would steamroll Florida Atlantic.

They did by a crushing 59-20 margin, upping their record to 8-3 while Tim Tebow and Andre Caldwell set their own individual records.

Ingram instead received updates on the Kentucky-Georgia game as it flashed every minute or so.

BYou try not to worry about it during the course of the game, but going into the season, we knew we wanted to be in Atlanta,C said Ingram, who caught two of Tim Tebow?s three touchdown passes Saturday.

Kentucky would have to beat Georgia to keep the Gators in the running for the SEC East title and a trip to the Georgia Dome to play LSU for the SEC Championship.

So Ingram sweated it out.

Kentucky 10, Georgia 0, end of the first quarter.

Hey, this could be UF?s day.

Kentucky 10, Georgia 7, halftime.

Still in good shape.

Georgia 21, Kentucky 13, end of the third.

Uh oh.

Georgia closed out a 24-13 win some time in between UF players chanting the alma mater, a tradition after every win, and Urban Meyer?s post-game press conference.

BAfter you knew that,C said Ingram, Bit kind of sunk in.C

The Gators will not return to the SEC title game.

Instead, a trip to the Capital One or Outback bowls likely lies ahead after this Saturday?s game against Florida State.

BWe still have a whole world to play for,C Meyer said, Ba top-10 ranking, a great bowl game and obviously a bunch of seniors playing against our rival.C

And a little thing called the Heisman Trophy, storyline 1a alongside the SEC picture coming into the game.

Tim Tebow went 25-of-34 passing for 338 yards, four total touchdowns and one interception.

For everyone across the country who didn?t watch the game, they can look at the box score and chalk up another great statistical performance for UF?s sophomore star.

In addition to Caldwell (13 catches for 164 yards) breaking the school record for career receptions, Tebow made a little history of his own.

He became the charter member of the NCAA?s 20-20 club, rushing for 20 touchdowns and passing for 20 touchdowns in one season.

But he also looked as inaccurate as ever at times, overthrowing wide-open receivers, and failed to establish a running rhythm.

BI?m being critical of Tim because he needs a little critical analysis once in a while,C Meyer said. BHe did not play his best game. That tells you how good of a football player he is.C

Tebow started off great, completing his first 10 throws, and leading UF to a 21-0 first-quarter lead before the late-arriving student section filled out.

Tebow and the Gators let up after the early flurry but still took a respectable 35-20 edge into the break.

The starters would play into the fourth quarter before Tebow gave way to backup Cameron Newton.

Despite the criticism on his play Saturday, Tebow will unseat Oregon?s Dennis Dixon as the Heisman front-runner on most lists with just the Florida State game left.

But, as Tebow has said, he would rather have had the SEC title on his mind than the Heisman Trophy at this point.

BIt?s disappointing,C Tebow said. BThat was our goal. But now, we can?t worry about that. We just have to get ready for Florida State. That?s enough to worry about.C