Gators' roster should be nearly full for Capital One Bowl

Unlike the school out west - as Urban Meyer refers to Florida State - the Gators will have almost their entire roster available for their bowl game.

BDiscipline issues, there?s none right now,C Meyer said following Thursday?s practice. BEverybody made it. We?ve got the grades, one of the higher GPAs we?ve ever had.C

Only wide receiver Riley Cooper (broken finger) is in danger of missing the Capital One Bowl against Michigan Jan. 1.

Starting left guard Jim Tartt, who has dealt with mononucleosis for over a month, underwent an ultrasound test Thursday afternoon hoping to be cleared for contact for the first time since the end of the season.

Tartt has not practiced since the Gators? last game, a 45-12 win against Florida State on Nov. 24, when he sprained an ankle and sat out the fourth quarter.

Expect the All-SEC second teamer to return to the first team when the Gators begin bowl week practices in Orlando after Christmas.

Starting fullback Eric Rutledge is suspended for the bowl game for undisclosed reasons. But, as a senior, he is all but done with the program and no longer practicing with the team.

HOLLIDAY ON HOLD: UF associate head coach John BDocC Holliday has not heard any updates from West Virginia about its head coach opening.

Holliday interviewed on Monday for the job vacated by Rich Rodriguez, now the head man at Michigan.

While Holliday waits, Meyer has already prepared for life without his renowned recruiter.

He compiled a list of possible replacements based on coaches he has come across in recent years and men he regards as hard-working recruiters.

BOver the years, you try to keep a file on it,C Meyer said. BIf something should happen, you?d like to get the best possible guy available.C

BAH HUMBUG: Meyer found an easy way to eliminate the hassle of holiday shopping in a town where everybody recognizes him in malls and shops.

Don?t shop at all.

BI just hate doing that kind of stuff, so I don?t do it,C he said. BI just hand my daughters 50 bucks and tell them to go buy their mom a present.

BThat?s what I did today.C

TEBOW AUTOGRAPH POLICY: The University Athletic Association has asked Tim Tebow not to fulfill an overwhelming number of autograph requests due to his rigorous schedule as a student-athlete.

Instead, the UAA will give away signed posters commemorating his Heisman Trophy win beginning in mid-January.