As a grad student, I've read and loved nearly seven years of factual Alligator print, but Ms. Pandey's article was yellow journalism at it's finest.

Where does she get off insulting American people?

Sure, we watch a lot of celebrity gossip. But, I would be hard-pressed to find any Indian or Pakistani that doesn't know the relationship status of Shahrukh Khan or the new movie that stars Aishwarya Rai.

Also, to state that the common South Asian would know more about American politics is ludicrous.

I've been to Pakistan, Ms. Pandey, and I can guarantee you that the people selling mangos in the market sure don't know who Barack Obama is.

Where does she get off making assumptions about Pakistan?

Terrorists aren't going to steal the nuclear arsenal, since the military hates them, too. Musharraf is not targeting India because he's actually been visiting the country for peace talks since 2006. The Bush administration is not secretly sending loads of cash to fuel the Pakistanki war machine. Rather, it is renting space, sending aid and buying intelligence like any other country.

Ms. Pandey suggests that the American people don't know much about Pakistan. I think she doesn't know much about either country.