It's almost July, and all Florida ladies know that means stifling heat and humidity that make looking your best seem like an impossible task.

You know the drill: You spend so much time on your hair and makeup, only to walk outside and find your foundation dripping, your hair frizzing and your eyeliner smudging.

If that's not enough, your jeans have been almost glued to your body by sweat while your T-shirt is plagued by unsightly and embarrassing pit stains. So, what's a girl to do?

Well, though I can't promise perfection, there are some beauty secrets we can turn to. These tips will help you look more put together - even in the relentless summer sun.

Tinted SPF Moisturizer

Most foundations are simply too heavy to withstand the summer weather.

By using a tinted moisturizer, such as Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 (Sephora, $42), you will get coverage that will actually stay on your skin and keep it hydrated.

Even better, you'll be protected against harmful UV rays, which can cause premature aging, also known as wrinkles. And none of us want those, do we?

Wear White (and Black)

With all the trends that come and go each fashion season, white and black should be staples in your summer wardrobe.

These colors are your best defense against pit stains because sweat is less visible on black and white than it is on vibrant colors.

If you like color and don't want to look monotone during the summer months, maybe try a floral skirt with a white or black top.

That way, the color will still be there, but you will also be able to keep your perspiration hidden.

Also, wearing black at night and white during the day can help keep you cooler since dark colors absorb more heat than lighter colors.

Brazilian Keratin Straightening

This is a miracle treatment that can take your hair from totally unmanageable to perfectly smooth and straight in only three hours.

It's a process that infuses your locks with keratin, a protein that makes up almost 90 percent of your hair.

By doing so, it actually changes the texture of your hair, allowing you to blow-dry it perfectly straight in five to 10 minutes.

The treatment is a little pricey (about $300 at most salons) but will save you loads of time and hassle.

It lasts about three to six months depending on your hair's natural texture. Check out www.braziliankeratin.com for more information.

Stay Hydrated

There is nothing more important in the heat than giving your body the nourishment it needs.

The summer sun causes us to sweat more than we do during colder times of the year, easily causing dehydration.

Because we are made up of about 75 percent water, losing this precious nutrient will cause your skin to become dry and dull.

To keep your body hydrated, make it a habit to carry a bottle of water in your purse.

Also, keep in mind that whenever you're feeling parched, it's likely your skin is too. So, when you're in the restroom, pat some water on your face. You'll be surprised by how quickly your skin will absorb the moisture.

All things considered, the most important thing to keep in mind over the next few months is that the heat and humidity is not going anywhere, so it's up to you to change up your style and beauty routine.

It's smartest to work with the weather - not against it - to come out victorious and keep yourself looking and feeling your best.