Dicky Lyons, Jr. is my new favorite player

Dicky Lyons Jr. kept us waiting.

About 10 minutes after teammate Jeremy Jarmon walked in and began his interviews, Lyons finally strolled into the gigantic ballroom here.

He was worth the wait.

Wearing a black tie with music notes and a large Bugs Bunny on it, Lyons finally made his way to the podium and immediately made friends of all the writers by making light of the 20-minute interview time.

"Two-oh," Lyons said with a smile. "Start the clock."

The writers chuckled. We were his.

He joked about three teammates' from last year going to the NFL and whether he still keeps in touch with them.

"Once they left, they have their Pro Day, I'm working out with them still, I'm talking to them," Lyons said. "All of a sudden…they went into the NFL, I call them and they wouldn't pick up anymore."

He also gave us a laugh while complaining about not getting any free stuff from his former teammates now in the pros.

"I joked with Steve (Johnson, wide receiver drafted by Bills in seventh round), he told me he was going to get me some stuff," Lyons said. "He's like, 'I'm going to send you stuff.' I said, 'Paul Revere could get me some stuff quicker than you."

And of course, I'm saving the best for last. Lyons, as wonderful as he was, topped himself with the telling of his dream from last night.

He spent some time this summer at the Manning Passing Academy with Eli and Peyton Manning as well as a bunch of other players from colleges, including Georgia quarterback Matt Stafford.

Well, Lyons recently got engaged, and what follows is his complete recap of his dream from last night. Don't let the large block of text intimidate you. It's worth it.

"I've been having these creepy dreams about her leaving me. 'Cosmo' says it's natural to have these dreams. But I've been having these dreams that she's leaving me, and this other dream the other night, I went out, and I'm following her, right, because I'm having suspicions. So then I find her at this bar, and I go up to her and I'm trying to talk to her. I said, 'What are you doing?' And she's like, 'I just don't want to marry you.' I'm trying to shake her, and slap her out of it, and I'm like, 'Focus!' And I slap her, and then I turn around, and Matt Stafford punches me in the nose. Matt Stafford goes, 'You don't hit women.' And then all of a sudden their backup quarterback who is now at Delta State, Blake (Barnes), he comes hitting me and then I'm like fighting off all these quarterbacks, (Brian) Hoyer from Michigan State, all the guys who I was at with the Manning camp started jumping in. I did pretty well because I biting them, I was twisting their arms, I knew all these Army Ranger tricks in my dream. I mean, it was just crazy. I was laughing about it. I texted [Stafford] and said, 'I'm dreaming about you.'"

Stafford never responded.

"I don't know if he likes me that much," Lyons concluded.

It's official. Dicky Lyons is awesome.