U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens will speak at UF this November, according to an e-mail sent to UF law students Tuesday.

Stevens, 88, will deliver the inaugural Marshall Criser Distinguished Lecture on Nov. 17 at 10 a.m. at the Phillips Center for Performing Arts, according to the e-mail.

Stevens is the fourth Supreme Court Justice to appear at UF in the last three years.

In September, Chief Justice John Roberts judged a mock court contest of UF law students.

Stevens was appointed to the court by former President Gerald Ford in 1975.

UF alumnus and U.S. District Judge Jose Gonzalez will also attend the event. Gonzalez received his bachelor's degree from UF in 1952 and then his juris doctor degree in 1957, according to his biography on The Florida Bar's Web site.

In addition to giving a speech, Stevens will answer questions from law students, wrote UF Levin College of Law Dean Robert Jerry in the e-mail.

Law professors Sharon Rush and Michael Wolf will conduct the interview, as well as third-year law student Larry Dougherty.