In response to Wes Hunt, I am tired of hearing the beliefs of our nation's founders taken advantage of. Some were more religious than others, and none was an atheist.

Thomas Jefferson and John Adams were Unitarians who rejected most Christian dogma but never rejected either Jesus or God.

George Washington said, "Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle."

They all believed any religion was better than no religion. Benjamin Franklin asked, "If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be if without it?"

Atheist scholar Richard Dawkins calls religion a "fixed false belief" in his book "The God Delusion."

Why? Because his academic background has given him the answer to all questions of religion, of course.

I hope nobody thinks he is the leading figure of atheism because he disregards religious people with the same disrespectful fervor that hardcore Christian fundamentalists, like Pat Robertson, disregard atheists.

The scary part about Dawkins is that, as opposed to Pat Robertson, many otherwise intelligent people listen to him.

Fortunately, the wise founders of our great country knew better than both of them.