Backup quarterback Cameron Newton has been charged with larceny, burglary and obstruction of justice, and he is currently in Alachua County Jails as of 6 p.m. They are all felony charges.

He is still in jail as of 6 p.m. He is suspended from the team, according to team spokesman Steve McClain.

Newton, who was booked at 2:25 p.m., has been charged with stealing another UF student's laptop worth $1,700, according to the University of Florida Police Department report. When police went to question Newton about the stolen laptop at Springs Dormintory, he later threw the laptop out the window when he asked for privacy to speak to a lawyer, according to the report.

The computer was later located behind a dumpster outside of the dorm, according to the report.

The laptop was originally reported as stolen on Oct. 21

The police found out Newton was using the allegedly stolen laptop when Newton logged onto the UF wireless system with his log on name "cnewton," according to the report. They found it was the same computer by its serial code.

When police entered his dorm, the top of the laptop appeared to be painted black with "CAM NEWTON" written in white letters, according to the report.

Newton has struggled with an ankle injury all year, and has appeared to lost the backup quarterback spot to redshirt freshman John Brantley.