The Santa Fe College flag was at half-mast Tuesday in memory of a student who died Saturday morning before the UF-Georgia game following a car accident in Jacksonville.

Robert McCoy, 21, was a first-year liberal arts major at SFC, spokesman Larry Keen said.

McCoy and four others were traveling home from a Halloween party at 1 a.m. in a 2002 Honda when the car was struck by a 2007 Acura, a report from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office stated.

According to the report, the Acura, which had two passengers and was driven by Tri Nguyen, was heading north on South Kernan Boulevard and crossed over into the southbound lane.

At the time of the crash, it was raining, and the road was slick and under construction, the report stated.

The Honda was being driven by UNF student Matthew Samra, 20. The other passengers in the car were UF student Hailey Zielinski, 19; Sabrina Shields, 19; and Laura Milton, 20.

According to the report, both drivers and all passengers suffered serious injuries. Shields is in the intensive care unit at Shands Jacksonville.

A memorial service for McCoy will be held today at 10 a.m. at The First United Methodist Church of Ocala at 1126 E. Silver Springs Blvd.