Ticketmaster and UF Athletics Director Jeremy Foley issued an apology Tuesday for kinks in online ticket sales that prevented many students from buying tickets to the Southeastern Conference Championship Game on Dec. 6.

Some students trying to buy tickets on Monday were unable to list the U.S. as their country of residence. Other students were able to secure tickets by listing their residence as belonging to another country. Ticketmaster called the mix-up an "event programming error."

Foley said in an e-mailed statement from Ticketmaster that UF would "work closely" with the Web site to avoid a similar debacle.

"We are so proud of the incredible support our students provide to this athletic program, and in this instance, we failed you," Foley said.

John Sacks, a UF political science senior, created a Facebook group called "PROTEST SEC TICKET ORDERING SYSTEM!" on Monday night after he was unable to buy a ticket. The group had 100 members as of Tuesday night.

Sacks said he hopes UF will redo the sale, but a customer service representative from Ticketmaster said Monday night that nothing could be done to help students who did not file an order.

"To be screwed over by this stupid glitch, I mean, just makes me furious," he said. "It's like a slap in the face, especially to outgoing seniors."