Police arrest woman for setting husband's car on fire

A Gainesville woman was arrested and accused of lighting her husband's sport utility vehicle on fire after an argument Saturday morning.

On her birthday, Patricia Dandridge, 44, asked her husband for money to pay their utilities bill, Gainesville Police spokesman Lt. Keith Kameg said.

Her husband, whose name was not available, told police that when he refused, she poured lighter fluid on his clothes and personal belongings.

The belongings were inside his 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer, a GPD arrest report stated.

According to the report, Dandridge's husband watched her light the fluid and set his SUV and belongings on fire 15 feet away from their house at 1404 N.E. 20th Place.

The fire destroyed the Trailblazer and everything inside, totaling $16,000 in damage, the report stated.

The fire also melted nearby Christmas decorations, and smoke discolored a portion of the house, the report stated.

When police arrested her at 12:43 p.m., Dandridge told them she started the fire, the report stated.

Dandridge was charged with arson of a structure or dwelling and criminal mischief.

She was released from the Alachua County Jail Sunday afternoon.

According to the jail's booking department, Dandridge must move out of her house and undergo anger management.